Our safeguarding team comprises of Richard Healey as designated safeguarding lead, Liz McAndrew, Kate Marsh and Caroline Proffitt as Deputy Safeguarding leads. Any safeguarding concerns are reported to us and we will investigate and take action if necessary.
When a concern is raised we will talk to the child in the first instance using the ‘Tell, Explain and Describe’ process. We will contact parents as appropriate.
We work closely with many different outside agencies, such as First Response and Early Help, who can offer support to families. In some situations we will need to inform parents of our requirements to involve these agencies. First Response is operated by qualified social workers who are able to discuss any concerns and offer advice and initiate follow-up if necessary. We also liaise with the Bristol North safeguarding advisor team and our E-ACT Safeguarding System Leader, John Spring, who advises on Safeguarding and Attendance.
Responsibilities within the safeguarding team:
- Prevent – Richard Healey
- Online Safety – Kate Marsh
- Equality, diversity and inclusion – Caroline Proffitt
- Female Genital Mutilation – Liz McAndrew
- Child Sexual Exploitation – Liz McAndrew
- Mental Health – Liz McAndrew
- Children Missing in Education – Liz McAndrew
- Young Carers – Liz McAndrew