Our safeguarding team comprises of Nicky Reynolds as designated safeguarding lead, Liz McAndrew, Kate Marsh, Keli Mikdadi and Ben Wheatley as Deputy Safeguarding leads. Any safeguarding concerns are reported to us and we will investigate and take action if necessary.
When a concern is raised we will talk to the child in the first instance using the ‘Tell, Explain and Describe’ process. We will contact parents as appropriate.
We work closely with many different outside agencies, such as First Response and Early Help, who can offer support to families. In some situations we will need to inform parents of our requirements to involve these agencies. First Response is operated by qualified social workers who are able to discuss any concerns and offer advice and initiate follow-up if necessary. We also liaise with the Safegaurding in Education team (Bristol) and our E-ACT Safeguarding System Leader, John Spring, who advises on Safeguarding and Attendance.
Responsibilities within the safeguarding team:
- Prevent – Nikcy Reynolds/Kate Marsh
- Online Safety – Kate Marsh
- Equality, diversity and inclusion – Caroline Proffitt
- Female Genital Mutilation – Nicky Reynolds
- Child Sexual Exploitation – Liz McAndrew
- Mental Health – Keli Mikdadi
- Children Missing in Education – Liz McAndrew
- Young Carers – Ben Wheatley
- Peer on Peer – Ben Wheatley
Click here to find out more about staying safe online
- Safeguarding Leaflet Perry Court
- Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy 2020 – 2021
- COVID-19 Safeguarding Addendum January 2021
- KCSIE 2020
- The links below are some useful sites which also promote safety of children and may support you in knowing who to refer to when reporting a safeguarding incident. They will also show you ways to stay safe online and support you in keeping children safe where you have concerns about different kinds of abuse.
Police: 999 (Immediate risk)
First Response: 01179036444
Emergency Duty Team: 01454615165
Safeguarding in Education Team (SET): 01179222710
Keeping Bristol Safe Partnership
Bullying/Peer on Peer/Equality
CiC/Young Carers/Private Fostering